Wednesday, May 2, 2012

She's Baaaaaaaaaaack!!!

This may or may not be good news to anyone who happens to stumble across the A's of A in their wanderings around blogland ... which is funnily enough how A herself became reunited with her late and not lamented Annals.  Fate moves in mysterious ways (as does A's digestive tract at times) and today I stumbled across a draft of an old post on the Annals which I didn't even recognise as my own humble efforts.  In Googling the article (which with due modesty I must confess I found erudite and well-written - to hell with modesty) I discovered it was written by no less than moi, in the guise of Annabelle.  In making this momentous discovery the full splendour of my old blog was revealed to me and I thought I should perhaps do the world a favour and resurrect it. 

Whether the world agrees or not, it will be good practice for the writing mind and fingers of Annabelle, who since her last victorious post two years ago about having a short story published, has had zilch, zero, nuffink and sweet fanny adams published.  This has been largely through her own dismal failure to actually complete any work to publishable standard, despite hours of toil.  We can in all fairness though heap some of the blame on her place of employment, in fact we can dump a whole slag heap of blame on that esteemed establishment which has been extracting blood in return for a paltry pittance and soaking up the little intellectual glimmer that still remains after all this time. 


However that is all to change in the near future, as the usual work/life balance of 5 days drudgery and 2 days off will in my case be reversed.  In expectation of filling this gaping hole of "unpaid time" with productive writing, I am flexing my fingers by inflicting my ramblings on you - poor hapless reader.  Or in the event there are no readers, it will be an interesting exercise in navel gazing, talking to myself, self-absorption and various other ill advised solitary activities.

I hope you stay with me, as I update you on my journeyings and my final leap towards the goal of attaining my Masters in Creative Writing - they are holding the cap and gown in readiness I am assured, but their hands are getting bloody tired, so I must shake a leg.  And indeed must hasten before Old Mother Time slings any more bows and arrows of ageing at me and renders me incapable of doddering up to shake the hand of the hander out of hard won academic glory.  There will be updates on this, as well as life in all its panoramic unpredictability and hopefully a few laughs along the way.


No comments: