Monday, October 6, 2008

Everyone's going OS (except me!)


Just in the last few months there has been rather a constant stream of friends and workmates tripping off on overseas jaunts, and today my sister and her husband left for their long awaited trip. They have been furiously saving and planning for about two years so the level of excitement had about reached fever pitch by today. Here we are at the airport (my sister on far right, my two very tall and very blond nieces in the middle) and moi of course. Bro-in-law was given the job of taking the photo to calm him down as this being his first trip overseas, he was getting a bit jittery. I think they arrived at the airport about three hours before the flight was due to leave, just in case!! So I'm hoping they have a fabulous time and return home safely with lots of wonderful memories, photos and stories to tell. If only I could budget like my sister, maybe I could afford a trip myself! Hopefully I will become sufficiently inspired by the travellers' tales as I do think it's the most fantastic experience, and one that everyone should aspire to.

2 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

Terrific photo Annie. Travelling is definitely worth the effort of saving a little but I seem to recall you visiting France a few years back when I was bemoaning precisely the same thing as you. Your turn will come again dear.

Annabelle said...

Yes I know Mme B, must be patient. Just a case of temporary itchy feet I guess!